The various yogasystems
Yoga is a generic term for a multitude of Sadhanas.
The most known Yogadirections are the
- Hatha Yoga and the
- Ashtanga Yoga (Raja-Yoga) of Patanjali.
Well known Yoga scools are
- Japa -Yoga ( Mantra - Repetition)
- Sivananda - Yoga
- Nada-Yoga (Wiki)
- Surad Shabda Yoga - a variant of the Nada-Yoga
- Pranava Yoga with Om- Meditation (Praṣna - Upanishad 5:1,5,7)
- Siddha Yoga (So-Ham ; Shivo-ham; Om Namah Shivaya ; Guru-Gita)
- Purna-Yoga of Sri Aurobindo
- Kundalini-Yoga and the higher
- Dreamyoga - and the Lucid dream
- Tao Yoga : Meditations and Qigong
- Meditation-Yoga as in daoist meditation and in Chan- and Zen-meditation
- Japa-Yoga with Japa - Meditation
and the less exercise-oriented Bhakti-Yoga and Karma-Yoga, which also the Bhagavad Gita mentiones.
Tantric buddhism has further the tibetan Yantra - Yoga (Trul khor) and Mahayoga, Anuyoga and Atiyoga.
== References ==
== Literature ==
- A systematic course on the ancent tantric techniques of Yoga and Kriya, Swami Satyananda Saraswati, 2008 – ISBN: 9788185787084 – Verlag: Yoga Publications Trust
- Kundalini - Tantra by Swami Saraswati, ISBN: 9788185787152
== Weblinks ==
- The Heart and Soul of Spiritual Practice by Swami Krishnananda
- Sri Aurobindo : Letters on yoga (PDF-1) (PDF-2) (PDF-3)(PDF-4)